ESTA (UK) Terms & Conditions of membership
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions for Membership you agree to abide by the Memorandum and Articles of Association of ESTA and the Regulations of ESTA.
- ESTA (UK) exists to promote the highest artistic and pedagogical standards in the teaching of stringed instruments. Membership of ESTA (UK) is open to individuals who play the violin, viola, cello or double bass. Where an individual does not play one of these instruments he or she may apply to the Council for special consideration. The Council will then decide whether or not to grant membership according to whether it believes allowing the individual to join ESTA (UK) would be to the benefit of the Association and the membership at large.
- Membership will not be granted to anyone who has previously been expelled from ESTA (UK) or engaged in conduct likely to bring the Association into disrepute.
- The membership of an individual who makes a false declaration shall be deemed void from the date of application. By making a false declaration the individual will forfeit the right to any refund of any subscription fee already paid.
- Subscriptions are due annually. Members will be reminded to renew their subscription. All insurance and legal benefits will cease where a member fails to pay the full annual subscription by the due date.