Where: Greenwich, London.
Closing Date: December 23
We are looking for inspiring, experienced teachers to join our team!
Cello: initially Monday after school, c.2-5 hours by agreement – or a different day may be possible.
Remuneration: an hourly rate of £30.30 including holiday entitlement for individual tuition, £33.30 for group tuition.
Teaching takes place at Vanbrugh Studio (SE10 9HP) and will include individual tuition and a group class for up to six beginners aged 6-7, using our outline curriculum.
Expertise teaching small groups of beginners/early stage players is essential.
We are a growing organisation so further blocks of teaching are likely to be available over the next years.
Positions are self-employed, hours are by agreement and based during term time, with some additional holiday teaching by agreement.
We value our teachers very highly and work hard to create the conditions to allow them to teach to the best of their ability, to enjoy teaching, and to continue learning.
We are looking for teachers who:
• have at least a degree or equivalent in music
• have significant relevant teaching experience (PLEASE INDICATE THIS IN YOUR CV)
• are passionate about teaching, and about making music
• can inspire, challenge and encourage students
• create a positive, relaxed learning environment
• are self-motivated and organised
• will take advantage of being part of Greenwich Music School, sharing ideas with other tutors and engaging with the other courses and projects
• are committed to continuing professional development through training and engagement in professional dialogue.
• are in tune with our work and ethos – see http://greenwichmusicschool.org.uk/about/
Greenwich Music School is a centre of excellence in music education, running high-quality creative music tuition, group courses, projects and training. GMS offers the same high quality music education to students of all ages and levels, from toddlers to professional musicians.
Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd December
Interviews will take place in January, for teaching to begin January or February. There is some flexibility.
Greenwich Music School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all tutors, staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS Enhanced check and proof of public liability insurance will be required before work is offered.
All applications will be considered equally.
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter (outlining your most relevant experience and interest in GMS) to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact us at the same address.